• Kids Playing Outdoors

From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to NIGHTFOX on Friday, May 10, 2024 10:23:00
    I was never one to be outside without shoes, but growing up in the 80s and 90s
    I think I may have been part of the last generation where parents were okay with their kids going outside to play in the neighborhood for hours and come back for dinner.

Those were certainly the days.

I am not one to go out without shoes, either. My bare feed had a tendency
    to find little bits of glass, and the occassional bee, so I quickly learned that some form of foot covering was a good idea. ;)

* SLMR 2.1a * Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Saturday, May 11, 2024 21:34:06
    Re: Kids Playing Outdoors
    By: Dumas Walker to NIGHTFOX on Fri May 10 2024 10:23 am

I was never one to be outside without shoes, but growing up in the 80s and 90s
    I think I may have been part of the last generation where parents were okay with their kids going outside to play in the neighborhood for hours and come back for dinner.

Those were certainly the days.

I am not one to go out without shoes, either. My bare feed had a tendency to find little bits of glass, and the occassional bee, so I quickly learned that some form of foot covering was a good idea. ;)

i go out barefoot all the time. neighbors smashed some beer bottles behind my garage and i stepped in it and pulled out a big chunk. i barely bled. my feet are so tough from the safety shoes and constant standing and walking for 30 years.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From The Lizard Master@VERT/NITEEYES to MRO on Monday, May 13, 2024 05:21:06
    By: MRO to Dumas Walker on Sat May 11 2024 09:34 pm

i go out barefoot all the time. neighbors smashed some beer bottles behind my garage and i stepped in it and pulled out a big chunk. i barely bled. my feet are so tough from the safety shoes and constant standing and walking for 30 years.

Cody Lundin style.

---
    þ Synchronet þ This is my tagline so I don't get any complaints when I post
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to The Lizard Master on Monday, May 13, 2024 15:10:03
    By: The Lizard Master to MRO on Mon May 13 2024 05:21 am

By: MRO to Dumas Walker on Sat May 11 2024 09:34 pm

Cody Lundin style.

well i dont walk around town barefoot. i would get hepatitis.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::