• more walmart stuff

From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to All on Wednesday, May 22, 2024 17:45:40
    So anybody have this happening at their local walmarts:

self checkouts are either shut down or deminished. 2-3 open only out of several. then they have the regular lanes open with cashiers.

i wish i could go back to self checkout. takes forever and a lot of times these kids are double scanning items.

Today this kid whipped out his phone inbetween a lady's checkout for a few mins. He was in some txting battle with his girlfriend or something before he started up again and completed her order.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Digital Man@VERT to MRO on Wednesday, May 22, 2024 16:44:27
    Re: more walmart stuff
    By: MRO to All on Wed May 22 2024 05:45 pm

self checkouts are either shut down or deminished. 2-3 open only out of several. then they have the regular lanes open with cashiers.

Yes. My local Walmart has 2 sections of self-checkout lines/kiosks and one of those sections has never been open any time I've been there (over several months, at least).

And when I did finally find/use a self-checkout kiosk, I was admonished by an employee because it was a "grab and go" kiosk and I was not a member of that club, or whatever, but my card worked fine and like you say "nobody died".
    --
    digital man (rob)

Sling Blade quote #5:
    Karl Childers (to father): You ought not killed my little brother...
    Norco, CA WX: 71.3øF, 56.0% humidity, 10 mph W wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Digital Man on Wednesday, May 22, 2024 21:25:36
    By: Digital Man to MRO on Wed May 22 2024 04:44 pm

And when I did finally find/use a self-checkout kiosk, I was admonished by an employee because it was a "grab and go" kiosk and I was not a member of that club, or whatever, but my card worked fine and like you say "nobody died".

Oh yeah i think those are the spark driver ones. They also waste employees by having them there guarding the registers. I'm a spark driver but i never did it; it Took forever to get into the program and by then I didn't want to do it.

Almost everytime I got something with a human I had to go to the customer service line. I get multiple purchases (frozen pizzas etc) and these kids who don't care ring things up multiple times.
    ---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Digital Man on Wednesday, May 22, 2024 19:45:54

Yes. My local Walmart has 2 sections of self-checkout lines/kiosks and one of those sections has never been open any time I've been there (over several months, at least).

I used to live near a Wal-Mart that added some self-checkout lanes, but they later removed them. I'd heard in the news that theft at self-checkout lanes was going up, which may be why some stores in my area had removed them.

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Wednesday, May 22, 2024 22:31:10
    By: Nightfox to Digital Man on Wed May 22 2024 07:45 pm

Yes. My local Walmart has 2 sections of self-checkout lines/kiosks

and
    one of those sections has never been open any time I've been there (over several months, at least).

I used to live near a Wal-Mart that added some self-checkout lanes, but

they
    later removed them. I'd heard in the news that theft at self-checkout lanes was going up, which may be why some stores in my area had removed them.

Nightfox

There's some multipack items at walmart where the individual items are coded for single sale in the system but they never are in the cases up front.
    water and sports drinks. I think a lot of the theft happens there.

They are also shutting down neighborhood walmarts around me because they say they aren't money makers. I've always seen tons of people at walmarts.
    I think theft is HUUUUGE due to bidenomics/build back better.

---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Thursday, May 23, 2024 08:16:00
    They are also shutting down neighborhood walmarts around me because they say they aren't money makers. I've always seen tons of people at walmarts.
    I think theft is HUUUUGE due to bidenomics/build back better.

Letting people run wild during Summer 2020, and areas that have pretty much given up on prosecuting shoplifters, have not helped.

* SLMR 2.1a * Vanyel Ashkevon, Tylendel and Stefen, r.i.p.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANTIR to MRO on Monday, May 27, 2024 13:40:23

Self checkouts never were much of a thing here to begin with, so no, I haven't seen that much :-P

--
    gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Arelor on Monday, May 27, 2024 17:33:43
    By: Arelor to MRO on Mon May 27 2024 01:40 pm

Self checkouts never were much of a thing here to begin with, so no, I haven't seen that much :-P

americans are super consumers. stores can't keep up with us. Mcdonalds and walmarts are always filled to max capacity.
    ---