• Re: The Millionaire from

From paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 to Nightfox on Monday, May 27, 2024 14:00:00
    So who was the Millionaire?

He was someone who liked to try to start conversations and his comments and topics tended to be fairly simplistic. Other times, he seemed to misunderstand some things. He also kept saying he planned to run a Synchronet BBS and seemed ro have a lot of interest in text.dat. His conversation style seemed to annoy some people.

LOL - him & that text.dat business!! IIFC, he connected from an iPad/tablet and enjoyed requesting 'features' from team Sync that didn't really matter or make much sense...

I always remind myself that you don't know who the other BBSer is on the other side of the terminal - many different people, from many different walks of life. I think DOVENet was one of Millionaires last community holdouts - and any conversation was better than none, from his end.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to paulie420 on Monday, May 27, 2024 15:35:10
    Re: Re: The Millionaire from
    By: paulie420 to Nightfox on Mon May 27 2024 02:00 pm

LOL - him & that text.dat business!! IIFC, he connected from an iPad/tablet and enjoyed requesting 'features' from team Sync that didn't really matter or make much sense...

Yeah, he'd make requests when it seemed like he wasn't even running a BBS.

I always remind myself that you don't know who the other BBSer is on the other side of the terminal - many different people, from many different walks of life. I think DOVENet was one of Millionaires last community holdouts - and any conversation was better than none, from his end.

Yep. We don't get the full picture of someone just from reading their posts here. And he had said once or twice that he wasn't in good health.

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 to Nightfox on Tuesday, May 28, 2024 21:46:00
    I always remind myself that you don't know who the other BBSer is on other side of the terminal - many different people, from many differe walks of life. I think DOVENet was one of Millionaires last community holdouts - and any conversation was better than none, from his end.

Yep. We don't get the full picture of someone just from reading their posts here. And he had said once or twice that he wasn't in good health.

I always try to remember that some folks who are here might be getting something they need from BBSing that helps them along this thing we call life. I often wonder who's who and think that we have a VAST difference in people that are on the other end.

Guess I'm just one of those ppl - and yea, I get something that I need from BBSing... like the next guy.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o