• Question regarding error message

From Acierno@VERT/CPMDEN to All on Thursday, May 30, 2024 08:43:32
    Hi all! I have a question. I am running Synchronet BBS for Linux - Version 3.20a on a raspberry pi. I I recently moved from Arizona to Wisconsin. Changing my node number to.
    1:154/80. My uplink address is 1:154/30. When I try to send a message to Areafix (Areafix@1:154/30) I get the following message "evnt FIDOOUT Timed event: FIDOOUT returned 1"
    interestingly, nterestingly, I get this as an email to my personal account, so internet email ois working. Any thoughts on what might be incorrectly configured?d?
    -Mark

---
    þ Synchronet þ My Brand-New BBS
  • From Gamgee@VERT/PALANTIR to Acierno on Thursday, May 30, 2024 14:36:00
    Acierno wrote to All <=-

Hi all! I have a question. I am running Synchronet BBS for Linux
    - Version 3.20a on a raspberry pi. I I recently moved from
    Arizona to Wisconsin. Changing my node number to. 1:154/80. My
    uplink address is 1:154/30. When I try to send a message to
    Areafix (Areafix@1:154/30) I get the following message "evnt
    FIDOOUT Timed event: FIDOOUT returned 1" interestingly,
    nterestingly, I get this as an email to my personal account, so
    internet email ois working. Any thoughts on what might be
    incorrectly configured?d? -Mark

Did you re-define your uplink/hub to the new network? You can use
    'echocfg' for that, or manually edit the 'sbbsecho.ini' file.

Also, are the passwords correctly defined for that new entry?

... Gone crazy, be back later, please leave message.
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Acierno on Thursday, May 30, 2024 14:32:16
    Re: Question regarding error message
    By: Acierno to All on Thu May 30 2024 08:43 am

Hi all! I have a question. I am running Synchronet BBS for Linux - Version 3.20a on a raspberry pi. I I recently moved from Arizona to Wisconsin. Changing my node number to. 1:154/80. My uplink address is 1:154/30. When I try to send a message to Areafix (Areafix@1:154/30) I get the following message "evnt FIDOOUT Timed event: FIDOOUT returned 1" interestingly, nterestingly, I get this as an email to my personal account, so internet email ois working. Any thoughts on what might be incorrectly configured?d?

Look at sbbsecho.log file for details on what the problem is, assuming SBBSecho is running at all.
    --
    digital man (rob)

Sling Blade quote #7:
    Karl: I don't reckon the Good Lord would send anybody like you to Hades.
    Norco, CA WX: 77.6øF, 54.0% humidity, 7 mph WSW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Acierno@VERT/CPMDEN to All on Sunday, June 02, 2024 10:55:01

Hi all! I have a question. I am running Synchronet BBS for Linux - Version 3.20a on a raspberry pi. I I recently moved from Arizona to Wisconsin. Changing my node number to.
    1:154/80. My uplink address is 1:154/30. When I try to send a message to Areafix (Areafix@1:154/30) I get the following message "evnt FIDOOUT Timed event: FIDOOUT returned 1"
    interestingly, nterestingly, I get this as an email to my personal account, so internet email ois working. Any thoughts on what might be incorrectly configured?d?
    -Mark
    ------------

Thanks for the suggestions! as for the sbbsecho.log file - I dont see one. Hopefully this is an important piece of the puzzle. As for the sbbsecho.ini' file the par that I think is

relavant reads:
    [node:1:154/30@fidonet]
    Name = Mike Miller
    Comment = nandre@net229.org
    Archive = None
    PacketType = 2+
    PacketPwd = FWSZ****
    AreaFix = true
    AreaFixPwd = FWSZ****
    SessionPwd = tzywUfxTwzr*****
    TicFilePwd =
    Inbox =
    Outbox =

The *replace characters in the actual password. Hopfully this provides some clues as to where I went wrong. To re-cap, this all worked fine until I moved and changed node numbers
    The PacketPwd, AreaFixPwd , and SessionPwd were updated.

thanks for your input!

-Mark

---
    þ Synchronet þ My Brand-New BBS
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Acierno on Monday, June 03, 2024 11:11:20
    By: Acierno to All on Sun Jun 02 2024 10:55 am

Hi all! I have a question. I am running Synchronet BBS for Linux - Version 3.20a on a raspberry pi. I I recently moved from Arizona to Wisconsin. Changing my node number to. 1:154/80. My uplink address is 1:154/30. When I try to send a message to Areafix (Areafix@1:154/30) I get the following message "evnt FIDOOUT Timed event: FIDOOUT returned 1" interestingly, nterestingly, I get this as an email to my personal account, so internet email ois working. Any thoughts on what might be incorrectly configured?d? -Mark
    ------------

Thanks for the suggestions! as for the sbbsecho.log file - I dont see one.

Where did you look? The sbbsecho.log file is normally in your Synchronet 'data' directory, but its location is actually configurable (in your sbbsecho.ini file).
    --
    digital man (rob)

Steven Wright quote #2:
    Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back.
    Norco, CA WX: 60.8øF, 84.0% humidity, 0 mph WSW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net