• Re: Door games for "game nights"?

From Mortifis@VERT/EPHRAM to acn on Wednesday, January 06, 2021 21:54:19
    Hi,

thank you for the pointers.

I'm looking through the lists of available door games and try some.

I thought you'd have some more experience with "simple" games :)

Regards,
    Anna

Actually, I am not much into games, unless we include playing head games with my cat :) But, ya, if you're running Linux don't expect to get TW2002 working under dosemu too easily, if at all. So, like I said, game choices are relative, for instance, I am a long haul truck driver by trade so I like playing Super Rig. I also play TW2002, Global War, LORD Quest for Nora, etc.

You're right, I am a simple person with simple interests and a diminutive way of doing things :)

~mortifis

~Ephram

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Realm of Dispair telnet ephram.synchro.net 2323 ssh 2222 web 82
  • From acn@VERT/IMZADI to Mortifis on Thursday, January 07, 2021 14:31:49
    Hi,

I thought you'd have some more experience with "simple" games :)
    You're right, I am a simple person with simple interests and a diminutive way of doing things :)

With "you" I did not mean you personally, but "you" as "you all here in the forum" :)

I'm currently looking through the games in sbbs/xtrn and am also working through some BBS door game collections on the web...

By the way: Is "The Broken Bubble BBS" still online? The global highscore server configured in some /sbbs/xtrn doors does not seem to be available...?

Thank you!

Regards,
    Anna

---
    þ Synchronet þ Imzadi Box
  • From Digital Man@VERT to acn on Thursday, January 07, 2021 10:56:29
    Re: Re: Door games for "game nights"?
    By: acn to Mortifis on Thu Jan 07 2021 02:31 pm

By the way: Is "The Broken Bubble BBS" still online? The global highscore server configured in some /sbbs/xtrn doors does not seem to be available...?

mcmlxxix's system (bbs.thebrokenbubble.com) seems to be up and down a lot lately. He's still around, but not as attentive to his BBS. :-(

Depending on which game it is, you can try pointing to bbs.electronicchicken.com instead, ec might be hosting those same games.
    --
    digital man

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #28:
    FDSZ = FOSSIL DSZ (by Chuck Forsberg)
    Norco, CA WX: 71.2øF, 22.0% humidity, 4 mph WSW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From acn@VERT/IMZADI to Digital Man on Friday, January 08, 2021 14:48:30
    Hi,

mcmlxxix's system (bbs.thebrokenbubble.com) seems to be up and down a lot lately. He's still around, but not as attentive to his BBS. :-(

Okay, thanks for the info.

Depending on which game it is, you can try pointing to bbs.electronicchicken.com instead, ec might be hosting those same games.

I tried that, but there are still some that echicken does not host :)
    I've set up my own JSON service locally for those.

Thank you!

Regards,
    Anna

---
    þ Synchronet þ Imzadi Box
  • From Marisag@VERT/AMIGAC to acn on Friday, January 15, 2021 12:11:32
    Re: Re: Door games for "game nights"?
    By: acn to Mortifis on Thu Jan 07 2021 14:31:49

I have a bunch of doors I made or ported available on https://SynchronetBBS.org /index.php/downloads. Most are not found in other door game servers :)

Marisa
    --- https://SynchronetBBS.org/HostSplash - SBBS hosting for $14/month
    þ Synchronet þ Amiga City - The BBS for the Amiga - more than 4,000+ files