• Re: Acorn BBC Mode 7 (viewdata

From Fred Smith@VERT/BEEBSII to nelgin on Saturday, February 17, 2024 22:09:40
    Re: Re: Acorn BBC Mode 7 (viewdata) conrtol codes
    By: nelgin to All on Tue Feb 13 2024 10:28:59

Hey Nelgin,
    This message is winging its way to you
    from my BBC Micro in the adapted Mode 7msglist.js, I'm having trouble chaning the "from" column width, I have changedthe number for From and To in the max_len section of msglist.js however
    it only seems to change the to
    column...meaning that on a 40 column
    display you cannot see the subject
    (even pressing the different format
    options 0-7 will not display the
    subject). I'd like to reduce each to 10columns so that the subject can also beviewed. I can get it to display to andfrom on one line and the then subject
    underneath...but this looks a little
    messy.
    There's a picture of what I have at themoment at beebs.ddns.net/images/sync/msglist.png as you can see From is takingup a lot of real estate!
    Any thoughts welcome,
    Cheers,
    Fred

---
    þ Synchronet þ My Brand-New BBS
  • From nelgin@VERT/EOTLBBS to Fred Smith on Saturday, February 17, 2024 17:58:22
    Re: Re: Acorn BBC Mode 7 (viewdata
    By: Fred Smith to nelgin on Sat Feb 17 2024 22:09:40

Hey Nelgin,
    This message is winging its way to you
    from my BBC Micro in the adapted Mode 7msglist.js, I'm having trouble chaning the "from" column width, I have changedthe number for From and To in the max_len section of msglist.js however

Well, it's a good start, though the 40 to 80 column might need a bit of work :)

It looks like setting LEN_ALIAS = 15 or something like that will do what you are wanting. Not sure if that's because max_len isn't working as intended or doing something else.

Try setting LEN_ALIAS are sbbsdefs.js has been loaded and see if that gets you closer to what you're looking for.

---
    þ Synchronet þ End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com